Social media has seen a drastic change in the year of 2016. Various platforms have rolled out series of features. These features included live streaming, creating stories and many more.
Instagram is one of the major players owned by Facebook. They have recently announced that they have reached over 600 million users. They have acquired the last 100 million users over the last six months. One of the key takeaways is that most of the 600 million are likely to be very active. This might be due to the Twitter’s decision to close down Vine or depicting Snapchat’s story features.
Few Takeaways From The Announcement:
- Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms used worldwide.
- This shows that the platform is growing with the time. Instagram had around 300 million accounts back in Dec-2014 that has grown to 600 million this year.
- This announcement has made Instagram a must use platform for all the brands.
New Features Launched by Instagram:
- Pinch to Zoom: In the recent feature “Pinch to Zoom” let you zoom into photos and videos similar to Facebook and other social media platforms.
- Save Drafts: As the name suggests, this feature allows you to save your post in drafts that can be changed or completed later. Drafts options appear when you press the back button while editing the image or post.
- Live Video/Streaming: Live video allows users to broadcast and share what they are doing. Your followers will be notified when you start a live video to connect with you.
With all the recent updates like live video broadcasting, disappearing messages with such a huge users have made Instagram favorite one.